Wishing you could make macarons?
INTRODUCING: MACARONS BY MONDAY!
Get to grips with macarons
in just a few days!
Oops! Macarons By Monday is now closed …
Would you like to be notified when the next class is?
Enrolment closes in:
“YOU made these macarons?
You can’t be serious!
They are perfect and heavenly!”
Imagine hearing your friends marvel over your macarons as you proudly share, “I made these myself — and I can make more!”
Guess who’s the envy of the party now? YOU!
Are you frustrated and disappointed with making macarons?
Or you want to learn how to make them but are too scared or don’t know where to start?
You want to achieve perfect, beautiful, ‘where did you buy these?!’ macarons?
Making macarons can seem like a lot of work, a confusing challenge to master, or even a lost cause.
How many times have you tried only to have them end in an epic failure? Perhaps you have heard about or seen the failures of others and just thought ‘I’m not going there’ even though deep down you’d love to be able to make them?
First, let me reassure you, they are tricky and a challenge to make. So it’s not your fault if you haven’t been taught how to make them successfully.
But you’re in luck! I have good news for you…
There is hope for you AND your macarons.
What if …
What if your friends and family raved about your macarons?
What if you had the absolute confidence to bake them successfully every single time for any occasion you need?
Imagine the next special occasion or Valentines’ Day – how would it feel being able to give that special someone a box of your very own macarons?
Imagine going from this …
To this in just a few days …
I have spent the past 30 years testing, trying, iterating, and mastering the art of making pâtisserie. I can’t tell you how many batches of macarons failed on me before I mastered them.
And now, I want to give YOU the inside scoop of everything I know so you can make perfect macarons all by yourself!
I call this the Macarons By Monday class.
In a matter of a few days, I can show you how to make macarons using the French meringue method.
Yes, you CAN master making these. No more batches headed straight to the bin. No more frustrating and disappointing outcomes for which you have no idea why it turned out that way since you followed the recipe exactly.
That all changes with Macarons By Monday.
I come from a home baker background!
Yes, I did attend Le Cordon Bleu in London where I studied to become a professional pastry chef. However, the truth is, my foundational skill and passion for baking goes back well before then.
In fact, I spent 30 years of trial and error working out the secrets to perfect pâtisserie. I would look at pastry chefs and wonder, “How on earth do they get it all so perfect? What am I doing wrong?!” Little by little, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong — and how to fix it.
I am therefore able to offer that unique combination of professional expertise together with baking in a domestic kitchen. I make achieving beautiful pastries practical and accessible to YOU, the home baker.
Baking has always been less about the skill and so much more about how it makes me feel, how it’s improved my confidence, how it’s opened up a whole new world of social contacts and community and supporting causes close to my heart, how it’s been a positive distraction from the stresses, strains and anxieties of the world around me.
You’re Invited To Join Macarons By Monday
Your mission should you choose to accept it is, in a few days, master the fundamentals of making French meringue macarons so that you will be overjoyed at your success and have people queuing at your door wanting more.
My goal is to inspire you to believe you can create anything you want to in your kitchen. Most pastries aren’t as difficult to create as they may seem – trust me on this because I’ve been there! You simply need to know how to get from ‘here to there’ in small steps that anyone can follow.
You CAN become a brilliant baker and problem solver when it comes to macarons, not just a ‘follow the instructions because that’s what the recipe says’ baker. It would thrill my heart to see you completely stoked by the results you achieve – and I’m here to ensure that becomes your new reality.
Macarons By Monday will help you:
- master the basics of making macarons using the French meringue method. You will understand the ‘why’ behind the outcomes of your macarons and how to fix whatever might go wrong.
- discover a no-fail recipe together with the technique on how to achieve perfect macarons. No more disasters destined for the bin!
- with ideas on how to fill and decorate your macarons.
Here’s what’s on the inside if you sign up before the enrolment period ends in …
Let’s get down to basics
In this kickoff module you’ll learn the fundamentals of making macarons.
Now that you know the fundamentals behind creating beautiful macarons, at the end of this module, you’ll be able to make your own exquisite macarons using the French meringue method.
The final flourish
Having mastered basic macaron shells, you will learn how to making two optional fillings to put the finishing touches to your macarons the likes of which you see in the finest Parisienne pâtisseries.
The perfect gift box
Now for the fun part. This is where you get to create your own perfect macaron gift for someone special. Asked where you got these beauties, you’ll be able to say ‘I made them myself!’
Here’s some more detail for you:
What you will learn
- A little of the history surrounding macarons
- Key equipment to set you up for success
- Important ingredients and their preparation
- How to make the macarons using the French meringue method
- How to make a good meringue
- The consistency the macaronage must be
- How to pipe them
- How to fill and decorate them
- How to store them
- How to troubleshoot common issues with macarons
Who is this course for?
- Anyone longing to know how to make macarons and perhaps don’t know where to start, are too scared to even try, or wanting to banish forever previous macaron disappointments;
- For anyone short of time and unable to attend a bricks and mortar cookery school;
- Either the beginner just starting out on their baking journey or the more confident home baker wanting to hone and perfect their skills.
- Anyone who may be vegetarian – all the recipes are suitable for you (recipes are not suitable for vegans)
- Anyone who has a gluten intolerance – all the recipes are gluten free
What you will need
- You will need to purchase all your ingredients for the whole course. Ingredient costs are not included in the course fees.
- You may need to purchase specific equipment if you don’t already have these at home, but it is expected this will be minimal. A full equipment list will be provided to you on joining. The purchase of these is not included in the cost of the course.
- As a guide, here is a summary of the ingredients and the equipment you will need.
- You will need a kitchen equipped with a hob and conventional electric oven. I cannot guarantee how macarons would turn out in gas, range or aga type ovens.
- You will need access to the Internet using either your mobile device or computer in order to access the course material and coaching sessions.
How you will learn
- This is an online course.
- Each module has step by step video demonstrations that you can watch as many times as you like and are accompanied with recipes and instructions that can be printed off.
- The modules are designed to provide you with the flexibility to arrange when in your schedule is best for you to complete the material.
- Participation in the private Facebook group will be recommended where you will learn from each other, get feedback and encouragement from me and your fellow students.
- There will be live group coaching calls with me.
- You will learn by lots of practice and giving yourself a big dollop of patience!
What is the time commitment?
- The course is designed to work at your own pace so that you can watch the trainings and do your baking at a time that suits you.
- Attendance to the live calls is optional but highly recommended. They will run for up to 60 minutes each and will be recorded.
- The pre-recorded trainings and demo videos for all the four modules are about 40 minutes in total.
- It’s difficult to say how long your baking and washing up will take as each individual will differ depending on their level of skill and confidence.
- As a very rough guide you could have your macarons made and baked between 1 to 1½ hours. For an experienced baker, it might take less time than this. For someone less experienced, it might take a little longer.
Enrolment closes in:
My Course Success Guarantee
The most important thing to me is for you to achieve the results you deserve and I have made a commitment to guiding you through to achieving perfect macarons.
I guarantee that with practice and following my instructions you will make beautiful macarons.
That means I’m personally guaranteeing your success.
There are just these things for you to do:
- Follow the simple step-by-step instructions I’ll give you.
- Put lots of practice and patience into action.
- Post photos of yourself with your macs to show us how proud you are of your creations!
- Use the support and the resources that are available to you.
- Participate in the private Facebook group.
- Take pictures and videos of each step as you make them so that I can provide you with as much feedback and support along the way.
Here’s what people have said about this course:
Your communications prior to, during and up to the closing call were spot on. I liked the mix of video and personal emails. So important that you told us all to ensure your mails did not go into the spam folders….my learning from my day job is that always expect someone to mess up….and on this course it was me!
Your background on the Macaron (even the correct name) was the perfect level of detail – enough to be interesting and potentially learn something new, but not overwhelming or too long.
Your videos are great. The speeding up but not jumping, the view and the speed of information and delivery just perfect. I also appreciated the fact that not all your utensils were brand new and shiny…making me feel comfortable and not intimidated by not having the latest or professional level equipment.
Printouts, and web site just great. I had no issues with navigating or getting anything (nothing hidden behind videos for me)
Your support and calm approach is great.
I would recommend you/your course to anyone and so looking forward to joining you for another…
I appreciated how you were “there” with comments and suggestions. You did a great job helping with trouble shooting, even though we are so far apart.
Excellent course. I enjoyed everything about it. Fantastic FB group. Shirley was there for answering all the questions.
I had taken two other courses but did not feel confident about mixing the macaronage to right consistency. I now feel much more confident about that.
I enjoyed the short format, ie a weekend course, to undertake in my own time and when it suited me. The information provided was comprehensive. I felt it was well explained and illustrated using text and videos. The feedback was good. The Facebook group is very helpful to see other attempts, read their questions/problems and to see the suggestions/solutions. The Facebook group is friendly and helpful.
Are you in?
I’m committed to meeting all my students at the level they are at.
Coming from a home baker background I’ve been there; I totally understand the frustration and disappointment when things don’t work and you just don’t know why.
And you have no one to ask or turn to.
My goal is to inspire you to believe in yourself and to help you to be a better baker, and of course, support you all the way to mission accomplished.
Yes, you CAN master making macarons.
So are you in? Awesome!
Still not sure if this is a good fit for you?
To book a free, no commitment, call with me, enter your details below.